BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Saturday, April 14, 2018

Review For WINNAWARRA By Elizabeth M. Darcy-3 1/2*

Title: Winnawarra

Series: Red Skies #1
Author: Elizabeth M Darcy
Genre: Mystery/suspense Romance
Rating: * * * 1/2
Publishers: Luminosity Publishing LLP
(Dec 8, 2017)
Paperback: 266 pages
FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley
Copy provided for the purpose of providing an honest review.
 This does not affect my opinion of this book.
Heart pounding suspense and feel good romance set in the Australian Outback
Emily Perkins is over the moon to learn Jock Macgregor has left her a share in Winnawarra Station in the magnificent Kimberly region of Outback Australia. The bonus comes when she realises, his handsome grandson, Doug is the man of her dreams. She loves working beside him and every day is an adventure.
After receiving a letter from Jock, she discovers he was convinced the accident that killed his son and daughter-in-law was actually murder, and he included her in his will to investigate the deaths.
When accidents start happening to Emily, and she hears footsteps outside her room at night, she is convinced someone is stalking her.
Is she next on the killer’s list?
Isolated on an Outback cattle ranch, will strong, dependable Doug be able to keep her safe?

A murderer is loose at Winnawarra Station, and she must race against time to identify the killer before he strikes again.
While I loved the mystery/suspense aspect of the story, I thought the romance was lacking a bit of punch. It seemed more forced than natural on the part of the characters. It just didn't flow for me.
I loved the author's descriptive voice of the Outback and her mystery kept me reading. In general I love a story set in Australia and this author was great at her world building. This was a pretty quick read for me and I'll probably check out future books in this series.


No comments: